- There are no right or wrong answers, and we understand that not all questions may apply to every business use case. Some fields allow you to select N/A, and some questions are optional. Please simply answer the questions honestly and to the best of your ability. We'll contact you directly if we have any questions about your responses.
- Our goal is to learn more about your business, how you plan on using PhoneBurner, and how you protect yourself against telecom violations.
All customers are required to provide business information through our Business Verification Form. This form is to help PhoneBurner provide the best possible experience while following all industry guidelines and requirements.
The form has 4 sections:
- Section 1: Company Information
- Section 2: Current Key Personnel
- Section 3: How will you use PhoneBurner’s services?
- Section 4: Detailed Questions and Requests
At the end of the form, all customers must agree to PhoneBurner’s Robocall Policy and other terms and conditions of service.
Please make sure all information provided is accurate. If you have any questions about the information being requested, reach out to our Trust & Safety team at email@example.com
Section 1: Company Information
Information in this section must be the information used during your business incorporation. Include your full legal company name and details used when registering your business.
Business registration type will need to be provided, so make sure to have your Employer Identification Number (EIN), DUNS Number (Dun & Bradstreet), or Canadian Business Number (BIN) ready.
If you do not have a registered business, select “I do not have a registered business” and in the open field, explain your business circumstance.
For the business website, be sure to include your business domain and copy the link directly from the URL. If you do not have a business website, use a social media URL representing your business.
Section 2: Key Personnel
Provide who you would want to be the point of contact for your business. We ask for your primary business contact and primary compliance contact. This can be the same person, but if you do have someone in your organization who deals with legal or compliance issues, we recommend you include their information here.
We will only contact these individuals in regard to your PhoneBurner account.
Section 3: How will you use PhoneBurner’s Services?
Here, you will provide how you plan to use the software, which can be direct (you are the one using it for your own business), on behalf of others, or third-party use.
If you are not using PhoneBurner services directly on your own behalf, then you will be liable for the company you are doing business on behalf of.
We will also ask:
- Who is making the phone calls?
- Who are these individuals calling?
- What DBAs may be being used?
- The purpose of your calls.
This is to ensure the protection of all parties involved, to assist and support compliance with telemarketing laws and carrier requirements, and to help us understand your business use case.
Section 4: Detailed Questions and Requests
These questions are about your business's legal policies and history related to telemarketing, teleservices, marketing, sales, and/or consumer protection issues.
- If you are currently involved in a legal dispute regarding your telemarketing practices or a legal dispute regarding your telemarketing practices has been resolved, we will ask for you to provide paperwork about the dispute, such as the complaint and/or any resolution.
- Businesses should have a written Do Not Call (DNC) policy that outlines how they accept and honor DNC requests by consumers, suppress numbers on the Do Not Call registries, and how they apply any exemptions.
- You must provide details about how you obtain consent for calls made using pre-recorded voice.
- We will also ask for you to explain your caller ID practices.
Frequently Asked Questions
When must the form be completed?
You must complete this form within 2 business days of upgrading from a free trial; otherwise, your dialer will be unavailable. No need to worry, once the form is complete, it will be turned back on immediately.
What if I am an independent agent for another company?
Treat yourself as the business. You should complete this form with all your information rather than the company you are an agent for. If you use PhoneBurner to make calls on behalf of another company, you will still complete the form based on your information.
Are you going to reach out to my company or send this to a government agency?
I am not telemarketing; why are you making me do this?
According to federal regulations, companies such as PhoneBurner that provide dialer software must be familiar with their customers and their purpose for using the software. Some of this information is also necessary to activate certain features of the dialer.
What do I select if my industry is not listed in the drop-down menu?
Select the industry closest to your business category if your specific industry is not listed.
I don't have an Employer Identification Number (EIN). Can I use my insurance license number?
Yes, you can provide your insurance license number in place of the EIN.
I am not telemarketing, I do not need to subscribe to the Do Not Call Registry.
If this does not apply to you, that is fine. Please select N/A or No, where applicable, and explain why you believe you are exempt from DNC requirements.
What if I do not have a Do Not Call Policy?
Various state and federal laws and best business practices require companies that call and text consumers for marketing or sales purposes to have a Do Not Call policy. This can be as simple as an outline of how you accept and honor DNC requests by consumers, suppress numbers on the Do Not Call registries, and how to apply for any exemptions. We strongly recommend that you consult your business lawyer in this regard.
What if I do not answer some of the questions?
Not all questions are required fields, and specific questions will prompt you to answer N/A if the question does not apply to you. You are liable and responsible for providing all truthful and accurate information. We trust that you will, and our team will also review all information and reach out if we have any questions.