How to install PhoneBurner for Salesforce Classic
With PhoneBurner’s native Salesforce integration, reps can dial 60-80 contacts per hour and dramatically boost live client interactions. Select contacts from the Leads or Contacts modules. When a contact answers live, reps can reply immediately - with no awkward pause or telemarketer delay. Leave voicemails, send emails based on call outcome, and more, all in a single click, as the next contact is dialed. Salesforce records are automatically updated.
Follow the instructions below to set up your integration or watch our step-by-step video training here.
Need help? Reach our support team at (888) 981-9394 or email@example.com
Use this step-by-step guide to install PhoneBurner for Salesforce Classic
1. Get your PhoneBurner account
If you already have a PhoneBurner account, you can continue to the next section.
- Visit PhoneBurner.com to create your free account
- Complete the form to start your free trial
2. Get the PhoneBurner app from the AppExchange
Next, you’ll get the PhoneBurner app from the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Visit PhoneBurner's Salesforce AppExchange listing here.
- Click the “Get It Now” button on the top right.
- Follow the prompts to log in to your Salesforce account.
- You’ll be presented with an option to install the app into your production system or a sandbox account. If you select the sandbox option, you will need to re-run the installation process for your production.
- Agree to the terms and follow the prompts. You may be asked to login again using your same Salesforce credentials.
- Once authenticated again, you’ll be dropped into your Salesforce account on a page that displays the PhoneBurner package. Click the orange “Continue” button.
- Salesforce will guide you through the rest of the installation, including asking which accounts you’d like the application installed into. The most common option is “Install for All Users.”
- Upon clicking the “install” button Salesforce will install PhoneBurner into your account. It may take several minutes. Once complete, Salesforce will send you a confirmation email, at which time you may proceed to the next step.
3. Link your Salesforce account(s) with PhoneBurner
Now that you have a PhoneBurner account and the app is installed in Salesforce, it’s time to configure the systems to work together.
- In your Salesforce account, select PhoneBurner (R) from the app drop-down menu.
- Once inside the PhoneBurner app, select the “Account” tab. This page asks for 2 data points - your API key and your User key. These keys allow Salesforce to communicate and share data with PhoneBurner. They are secure keys and it is safe to provide this information to your Salesforce account.
Note: Each account in your organization needs their own PhoneBurner account and a unique API Key and User Key.
- To get these keys, log in to your PhoneBurner account
- Click the account avatar in the upper right and choose “Integration settings” (Please contact support if you don't have this setting option)
- Scroll to the Salesforce section and click the “Details” button.
- Then copy-paste the API Key and User Key to your Salesforce account.
- Once you’ve pasted both data points into the Account tab of your Salesforce account, click the “Save” button.
4. Configure your dialer in PhoneBurner
Now that your Salesforce and PhoneBurner accounts are connected, it’s time to configure the dialer to streamline tasks and automate post-call workflows.
- We’ll start by recording a voicemail message that you wish to drop when you reach someone’s voicemail. To begin, click the account avatar in the upper right corner and choose “Dial Session Settings.”
- Next click “Voicemail Library” in the left menu. Then follow the on-page instructions to record your voicemail.
- PhoneBurner can instantly send emails to your contacts after a phone call. To create these emails, click the account avatar in the upper right corner and choose “Email Settings.”
- Next click “Email Library” in the left menu. Several pre-written emails are included already. Review the pre-written emails and add new ones as needed.
- Finally, we’ll customize your dialer “Disposition” buttons so that they perform actions like leaving voicemails and sending emails. To configure your buttons, click the account avatar in the upper right corner and choose “Dial Session Settings.”
- Next click “Dispositions” in the left menu. Then follow the on-page instructions to create “sets” of buttons that perform your desired workflows for each call outcome.
5. Add the PhoneBurner button to Salesforce
Great, you’re almost ready to dial. You just need to add the PhoneBurner button to your Salesforce “Contacts” and “Leads” tabs.
- In your Salesforce account, click “Setup” from your drop-down menu
- Click “Customize” -> “Contacts” -> “Search Layouts.”
- Click “Edit” on the “Contacts List View” layout.
- Select “Begin PhoneBurner Session” from the list of Available Buttons and click the right arrow button to move it over to the Selected Buttons.
- Click “Save.”
- Follow the same process for the “Leads” tab.
- Navigate to your “Contacts” tab, and click the “Go” button to view your contacts.
- See the “Begin PhoneBurner Session” button? Simply select the contacts you wish to call, and click the button to begin dialing.
Learn more about how to start a PhoneBurner dial session in Salesforce.
Article is closed for comments.