Use this step-by-step guide to install PhoneBurner for Salesforce.
Note: To use the Salesforce integration, you'll need a Salesforce account with access/permissions to install from the Salesforce AppExchange, and you'll also need a PhoneBurner account (can be any account level, including the free trial)
Get the PhoneBurner app from the Salesforce AppExchange
1. Navigate to the AppEchange in Salesforce: http://appexchange.salesforce.com
2. Search for “PhoneBurner”
3. Click on the panel with the PhoneBurner logo and select the Get It Now button on the right
4. Salesforce may prompt you to log in again
5. Once it’s done, you’ll be presented with an option to install the app into your production system or a sandbox account.
6. Agree to the terms and follow the screens displayed You may be asked to login again using your same Salesforce credentials.
7. On the page that displays the PhoneBurner package, Click the orange Continue button.
8. Now Salesforce will walk you through a few steps to finish the installation of the package. Salesforce will ask you which accounts you’d like the application installed into. The most common option is Install for All Users. Then click the blue Install button.
9. Salesforce will now install the package. This may take a few minutes. Once it’s done, Salesforce will send you an email confirmation. Once it’s installed you can proceed to configuring your dialer.
Setup your Salesforce account to work with PhoneBurner
1. From inside your Salesforce account, select PhoneBurner (R) from the app drop-down menu.
2. Once inside the PhoneBurner app, select the “Account” tab (next to the 'Voicemail Recordings' tab). This page asks for 2 data points - your API key and User key.
3. Now, you’ll log into your PhoneBurner backoffice to collect these keys. Click the “My Account” drop-down in the top right and select 'My Account' from the drop down.
4. Scroll to the section titled "Salesforce Integration" and click the link.
5. Click the 'Generate API Key' link, then copy-paste they API Key and User Key to your Salesforce account.
6. Once you’ve pasted both data points into the Account tab of your Salesforce account, click the Save button.
7. Once your account has been updated, navigate to your Voicemail recordings tab and record your voicemails.
Any configuration of emails and disposition settings will need to be performed from the standalone PhoneBurner account.
Salesforce only allows One PhoneBurner account to be connected to a single Salesforce account,so if you have multiple users, you need to install for each user.
The same PhoneBurner account cannot be connected to two different SF accounts. If you have installed the application into one SF account and need to use it in another, you will need to remove the API Key from the original installation or remove the installation from that account.