Here are a few possibilities if you noticed your Local ID isn't working as expected:
- If you don't have a Local ID in a state you are calling, it will default to your default number, otherwise it will use the closest area code to the one you are calling.
- For example: If you have local ID enabled and you call a contact in UT (there are 3 area codes in Utah 801, 435 and 385) If you don't own any of those numbers the system would default to the members CID settings, If they don't have a number set on their CID setting page then it would fall back to the number the system pulled from their phone when they dialed in (or we called them if on connect me).If you own the 801 number, but the contact is in the 435 area, the system would display the members 801 Local ID area code as this is the closest within the same state.
- The system will display the closest Local ID to the contact's number as long as it is within the state
- If you are on a team, make sure you team administrator has given you permission to use Local ID in your team settings.
- Sub-admin account do not have access to Local id as set up under the main admin account. If you are set up as a sub admin, the purchase for local id's would need to be made in your account or you would need to give up the sub-admin status.